Lessons is a tool that allows an instructor to organize resources, activities, and media on a single page. You can have as many Lessons pages in your site as needed. With Lessons, instructors can organize the course by unit, module, week, topic, or any other grouping that makes sense for the site.
Each Lessons page can be customized to suit the needs of the lesson, including links to other site tools, conditional release of items and content, student content pages, LTI tools, and more.
Some page layout features of the Lessons tool include:
- Block style page layout to group items on a page
- Multiple sections on one page
- Multiple columns in one section
- Flexible column design (2 columns in one section block, 1 column with double width, and a variety of column background color)
- Collapsable sections
Example of a Lessons page.
Lessons pages may contain any of the following items:
- Page title
- Text item (i.e. content on the page)
- Content links to items in Resources such as files or URLs
- Links to published assessments
- In-line question items on the page
- Items may be designated as required
- Links to forum topics
- Links to subpages
- Student Comments on the page
- Links to Student Pages where students may create their own content